Highlight of the day: I had 2.
1. Spending time with my kiddos at the game. They'd packed a picnic of sandwiches, carrots, fruit snacks and drinks to enjoy. Got to watch Maiya enjoy her half-time of short-lived glory, then talk to some of the players afterwards. One of them asked her,"Do you want to play soccer for Utah someday?" She smiled. I had to help her, "Yes!" I'm non-partial, but hey, if a school wants my kid to play for them and give a scholarship, then they're there!
2. Dinner at Aunt Bonita's and Uncle Chris. Meatloaf, baked potatoes, jellow, and man
Ethan
He is so disciplined with learning. He hopped on the piano several times today and stuck with learning a song, ____________. Even near 9:00PM he hops on and plays.
Kiana
As we were leaving the field, Ethan was sitting in the front with me and turn on "his jams". Classical music. I'm always trying to figure out the musical instruments being used...
Me: Picolo?
Kiana: Oh, I know what it is!
Me: (Surprised) Really?
Me: (Surprised) Really?
Kiana: Yep. It's called ANNOYING!
I should have known better.
Maiya
I told her to go upstairs, change into jammies and brush her teeth. She went upstairs. She changed. She did not brush her teeth! More teeth reminders in my room, in the hallway, in her room. Zip. Zilch.
Me: Maiya, go brush your teeth.
Maiya: That's just wasting toothpaste and time. Toothpaste, cuz no one cares if you use it when you're laying in bed on your back all night long! You just wasted a lot of toothpaste! And Time, cuz you have to keep telling me and I have to still go do it. So if I don't do it, I'll have more time! (She walked out the door.)
Me: Maiya! I wasn't kidding!
Me: Maiya! I wasn't kidding!
Maiya: I wasn't kidding either!
No comments:
Post a Comment