During Kiana's soccer practice in Draper, the kids and I went to the neighboring Draper Library and checked out a few books, let Ethan practice driving, and then we were all on our way up the University of Utah! The kids saw their 1st gymnastics meet as one of the 15,550 sold-out crowd (vs. Oregon State U Beavers where their Aunt Emily and Uncle Cory graduated). Maiya had the greatest time, the kids snagged some cool swag, and Ethan got a feel for...college.
Eek!
A few key conversations to remember today:
Kiana and I were doing core exercises at the gym this morning near the doorway upstairs. I was eyeing this cute toddler with his mom just outside the door and remarked,"Awe. Little people are so cute!" She was doing sit-ups and didn't skip a beat,"Not all of 'em." Hmmm...I love her honesty which equates most times to humor.
At the meet I asked Kiana
Me: So, if SUU offered you a soccer scholarship would you play there.
Kiana: Uh, yeah.
Me: What if both BYU and Utah came to you and said they wanted you.
(Oh, my goodness. Her face looked like sour grapes.)
Kiana: I am never going to BYU. Even if they asked me. So I'd go to Utah.
Maiya: Did you fart?
Me: Do you know what a fart is?
M: It's gas.
Me: Yep. Gas from your stomach. It has to get out somehow.
M: Well, I'm glad I don't live in my stomach 'cuz that would be stiiiiii-nky!
Me: Make sure you have your seatbelts on.
Maiya: I know! 'Cuz Ethan's driving!
Me: Well, we should have our seatbelts on all the time.
Maiya: Yeah, but ETHAN's driving so of course I'm gonna put it on!
Part 1: We were talking about Kiana's soccer coach having them run 2 miles before each practice and his pending skills timed test where they will have to run it in 13 minutes...
Me: That's, like a 6 minute mile!
Ethan: It can be done. (Ever the optimist)
Me: Yeah. I'm like a 10 minute miler in any race so you guys will be haulin'
Stuart: I'm more like a when-I-finally-finish minute miler
Part 2: Talking about it again and the route they ran today, and how fast the boys' team will have to finish,
Ethan: Well, a mile is only 5, 280 feet, so....yeah.
I just sat there in awe. Ethan is kind of like a walking set of encyclopedias, or, nowadays, a walking Google.
And he's ours. Lucky us!
No comments:
Post a Comment