Maiya wore an outfit today that Kiana used to wear. She looked adorable!
We had a need for eggs the other night and our sweet neighbors handed over a few. So, they were gifted with one of the three loaves of banana bread I'd made, and today Stuart whipped up some more chocolate chip cookies so we could welcome some new neighbors who moved in. Those neighbors, our sweet neighbors, and Maiya's friend's family got some plates...
...and then there's Kiana,"Um, mom. You don't have to give ALLLLLL the cookies away."
Me,"Kiana, I had to hide the leftovers from the other day so I could save them for today. Otherwise they'd be gone," as I took them out of the cupboard behind some glasses.
Stuart,"Yeah, Kiana said it's sad you don't hide things well"
Kiana,"I found those there this morning. You DON'T do a good job hiding them."
Me,"Hey, what's sad is that I have to hide things in the first place because people will keep eating them."
Kiana,"Well, if they weren't so good then we wouldn't keep eating them."
Point well taken.
Maiya added a twist to this dilemma. There's a cookie monster video where Cookie Monster is singing,"But me wait. I want it!"
waiting is so hard to do when things taste so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment