template design

1.18.2016

YW in Excellence

Tonight was Kiana's Young Women in Excellence night. It's a time for the girls to reflect and recognize their achievements through the program (looked at similarly to Boy Scouts, minus the cool camping, hiking, etc.)

The girls were all in small groups, assigned to a specific table to talk about that specific value. They had an amazing picture wall of all the girls and a write-up from the parents (hehe) of why their daughter is one of God's masterpieces. I think that part was to make the mom's cry in preparation. I sure hope Kiana knows how special she is...

"My daughter, Kiana Makanaakuanani Pippin, is one of God's Masterpieces because she is...
*Beautiful. Her middle name means beautiful gift from God. From a simple smile to a simple service, she shows and loves beauty.

*Humorous. Kiana says the best one-liners ever! Recently, when asking what instrument was playing on the radio, she piped up,"I know! It's called ANNOYING!"
*Tough with heart. She'll get a yellow card and make girls cry at soccer one minute, and the next she's 'heart-attacked' my door for Mother's Day with personal words; it's still up. Best-gift-ever.
*Intrinsic. A quiet observer, she'll still kick a chair out from under a boy sitting down. She prefers private space but is a loud spark with those she loves and trusts.
*Honest. All the time. "I know what you want me to say, but I can't say it because then I'd be lying. And I can't lie." True.
*Talented. Her creative writing has won her some fun rewards - like a year's worth of Chik-Fila! She'll whip up a batch of mini-cupcakes and present them like there's a party - just because. She'll do Maiya's hair and make-up. 
With these and more, with God's help, Kiana is painting a custom portrait of her earth's journey that will be an amazing masterpiece."

No comments:

Post a Comment