The kids are getting older, which I guess means they need more snoozes and are sleeping in. It's tough - for me - because I'm a morning person, but I'm learning to give them their time. It's just that 9:00 and 10:00 seem...so...late. Ha!
Amidst the rain, the kids and I ran errands en route to the Maverick Center to catch our first ever Grizzlies Hockey game! Oh, there were some previous naysayers among the mini-me's of not wanting to go, but within the 1st 2 minutes of the game Maiya tapped my arm,"This is intense! If I ever had a husband I would NOT let him play hockey!"
Comparing the little bumps of indoor soccer to these guys slamming against each other and the wall was all the comparison she needed. Kiana even later said,"Yeah, I'd go to another hockey game."
That comment may or may not have been provoked by the promise of eating out. I'd called ahead to order pizzas from a nearby Godfathers Pizza which were nearly done by the time we arrived and sat down. Yu-u-mmy! I don't think the kids have ever eaten Godfathers, and I couldn't remember the last time I'd eaten one. The one in my hometown closed down late last year *sad face* but I'll have those memories of pizza buffets and being told some great pizza advice: if you don't eat the crust you'll have room for more pizza. Funny, but true.
The pizza at GodFather's was pretty good but I like Taco Bell better. Can you take me out to Taco Bell sometime? Oh, also can you buy some mac-n-cheese? I have not had mac-n-cheese for so long. :( . Can you take me to Taco Bell this month....like when I will probably get my braces off?
ReplyDelete