It's a 2nd to her beloved Taco Bell, but the coupon and variety offered an exciting mix-up. She told me five times how,"We should come to Del Taco on Tuesdays 'cuz they have Taco Tuesdays and they're 3 for $1." I reminded her,"We already have Taco Tuesdays at home." Then came the 'yeah, but', "Yeah, but it's not the same."
It's not the same. But, it's at home and I'm making it. Maybe one day I will surprise her and hit up the joint on Taco Tuesday...pretty sure they'll taste somewhat the same.
I ended up picking up The Teens from school; their bus didn't come?!
My Ethan actually took the umbrella I offered him on this rainy day. Score.
One part of today I treasure - well, two - first, is seeing Kiana's love of soccer. She asked to go watch the other 1/2 of her team play their futsol game before hers. Which meant sitting, watching, then waiting - 3 things she'd normally veto in a heartbeat. But, it was on her terms and she loved it. Her team ended up beating today's boys team 2-0. Yeah!
Second, Maiya's kindness. She hugged me when I gave her $1 for the snack bar (I normally don't do snack bars). She side-hugged me halfway back to the bleacher after I walked with her to the snackbar and got a ginormous grinning,"Thanks, mom!" Then...then as we sat watching the game I heard a cute voice,"Mom, do you want one?" There were 6 cookies and she offered me one. Her offering was golden. Shortly after, she added,"I think I'm gonna save these for Kiana." When I looked down, she was carefully wrapping up the last 2 cookies..."I think Kiana would be happy with even one," I offered. "OK!" and she quickly ate one. I think she just needed that reassurance that she was still being thoughtful if she ate that one (I knew she wanted it). She hid that puppy in Kiana's soccer bag,"So she'll be surprised when she opens it," she whispered. She didn't have to share nor try to make it 'fun'...but she did anyways.
I love Maiya's giant heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment