template design

1.22.2016

Day 3 Off-Track: A Treat

Ethan and I hit the gym together early this morning. I caught a glimpse of the scale as he weighed himself: 136 pounds. Wowsers! He was pushing 160 last year and in February went on a sugar-free diet, losing 11 pounds that month alone. By no means has he ever had a weight issue, yet it's amazing to see his dedication to a goal. Since then he's watched what he eats, and I watch to make sure he eats. "Mom, you need to buy more apples," is a regular these days. Sometimes I'll get my mom-confused look, "I just bought a bunch 2 days ago," to which he'll reply with his monotone teenage son voice,"Mom, you need to buy more apples." I buy more apples.

Kiana was a go-getter after school and made chocolate chip cookies for her soccer team. The practice with Elite tonight consisted of running around the Daybreak Elementary School block 3 times, and then going to one of the coach's homes nearby for an amazing pep talk by sports psychologist, Seth (aka Lilly's dad). Super cool!

Maiya finished writing her story for the South Jordan Literacy Contest and we submitted it tonight! She is really hopeful that her story Problems with Pansy Petunia Pippin will win. I am too. She's been a tad bummed that the last couple of contest she's entered she's watched Kiana win in her age category, which she has been happy for, but it's the,"Mom, I enter but I don't win!" sort of deal. Can't win them all but we can sure have fun doing whatever we are doing!

We're plugging along with a sugar-free week. We aren't s.t.r.i.c.t about it, but we sure have been cutting back. Kiana ate only a few cookies, Ethan and Maiya each got 2 and were totally fine with the double batch heading to her team. Grateful even. I must admit I see candy wrappers in Ethan's room and by his mancave, but haven't said anything - ha! It's nice to not have all the cakes, cookies and candy around and have them for what they are - a treat. I even broke down and got Maiya a Dunkin' Donut for being my errand-runner helper today...her smile was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment