Last week for FHE I told the kiddos we would focus on one of our family values each month. I did it years ago when Stuart was always gone at MBA school and had loved the variety and seeing the kids have one thing to focus on each month.Tonight I showed 2 cute videos to capture their interest since it IS the digital age and everything seems to have to come from an electrical source to be of value or entertainment. They were darling short clips and the kids really liked them. I knew by my Ethan's little smile that this was a lesson he'd hold on to - yes!
Factors to Happiness
365 Project
We spent time thinking of 3 things we were thankful for. It proved the point that it's pretty easy to think of just 3, and if we sat longer we'd be able to say more things we were grateful for. I had a Woo Hoo! Moment at Target this week with some sets of $1 "Gratitude" and "Merci" cards. So the activity for the week is to write one letter of appreciation by Wednesday, the challenge is to have 3 things at least to express thanks in prayers for, and our daily application for the week is at dinner is to express appreciation for another person at the table and each person has to be included.
I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment