template design

12.19.2016

Christmas Poem 2016

Each Christmas since Ethan was a baby, I've written a poem to the rhyme "'Twas the Night Before Christmas". This year Ethan said I should change it, but I'm working hard on traditions and to me, this is one of them. Each person gets their own stanza and this way it's kept short and simple.
And for me, it's fun!
I wish I'd have snapped a few pictures of Ethan and Maiya all bundled up against the cold delivering baked bread and cards to some neighbors and friends. It was so fun watching Maiya get all excited, and I was grateful Ethan obediently pulled on his coat and shoes to help deliver the goods. Time well spent. It's moments like this I really want to engrave on my brain.nnnnnnnnn

Here's this year's edition...

Pippin & Co. 2016

‘tis the end of 2016
Another quick year
Life’s journey’s in drive
And the coast has been clear J

Still filling our Saturdays
Cheering on soccer sidelines
Road trip to the Northwest
Tillamook, beaches and pines

Spring Piano Recital
Watched all 3 kids play
One happy mama
Silent Hip-Hip-Hooray!

Mr. Ethan (16) likes coding
a junior at Itineris (HS)
Yearbook, biotech clubs
College courses a-bliss

Witty Kiana (14) refs soccer
Loves clothes, shopping, jams
baking diva, hairstyles
And a few defensive slams

Hip-hopper Ms. Maiya (10)
Can read-read all day
(– especially Michael Vey!)
Dolls, writing, art, friends
Lots of, “Can Maiya play?!”

Tawna’s teaching 4th grade
Has Kid #3 all day
Takes the mini’s to concerts
Maiya liked how Boyz II Men swayed

Soccer coach Stuart
To Maiya’s sweet all-girl team
October hunt in Oregon
Finally! The time spent was a dream.

Sending sincere best wishes
Across miles big or small
May the LOVE from the Savior
Be a blessing to all

Merry Christmas!
Love,

The Pippin’s

No comments:

Post a Comment