template design

3.19.2017

Siblings as Friends

I was being a bit nostalgic as I drove out of the Home Depot parking lot, returning the aerator.

Me: Ethan, I sure hope when you get older you'll be friends with your sisters like I am with my siblings.
Ethan: Yeah. Me and Kiana will be those siblings that live together.

Me: What?! Why would you move out? You can live at home forever.

E: No I can't.

Me: Yes you can. I won't let you go. You'll miss free laundry, home-cooked meals, my chocolate stashes for you to sniff out. Am I that bad?

E: We grow up, we move out. Besides, I can't be 30 living in my mom's basement. You'd get sick of us living in your house. I'd be unshaven, unclean leaving stuff everywhere, and if I sat around on my butt for 3 weeks you'd be all, "Ethan! Get off your a** and go do something!"

He's right on that.

I told Kiana later, she's all, "Huh?! I'm livin' at home for FREE as long as I can!"
Ha! I know they'll grow up. I just hope they stay friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment