For at least 5 years I've planned to do a 'half-birthday' for Maiya so she could celebrate in the summer versus the winter. I've never done it. But this year it happened! Splashes at the Daybreak pool, pizza & breadsticks, presents and snow cones made for a great party with such sweet girls. Most of them had been in my classroom and expressed how 'weird' it was to be at their teacher's home, but I reminded them that outside the class I'm just 'Maiya's mom'.
After a super party and playing with a friend, it was piano practice time. She wasn't happy with that. Not one bit. She was super cranky, which usually means super tired, so I had her lay down on the front room couch for some thinking (and resting) time.
She later went up to Soda Row to enjoy the Fizz Fest activities and prepare to listen to her favorite band No Limits perform. They made sure to get good seats around 4:00 so they could enjoy it 4 hours later.
I later opened up my laptop to find his precious gem taped inside. (Maiya's apology note)
No comments:
Post a Comment