template design

2.25.2019

Music, Muscles and Dreams of Moving

Listening to my kids play music is one of my favorite things. Ethan had sat down at the piano after dinner and started playing. When I went to check on him I found him wearing his earphones and watching some weightlifting video on his phone! Three things! He was watching and listening to the video, but playing the piano. I left him a new piece of music (a piano and violin duet) and smiled, asking him to take a peek at the violin part. I know he's been wanting new music. The cutest thing was his smile - I'm thinking he was happy and eager on the inside but doesn't want to show me - I asked, "Tomorrow?" He said yes. So all night long I've been giddy, clapping and overplaying how excited I am to hear him play tomorrow. In reality, I can't wait. Tonight he spent quite awhile at the table working on his math, listening to classical music...and humming and beating along to it. I sure loved listening to the little boy who would practice his violin without asking...and I love the young man that little boy has grown up to be.

Kiana started the day off with a big grunt. She'd gotten ready, made her steel oats and blueberry breakfast, packed her lunch and soccer gear, and out the door we went. When I stopped in front of the seminary building her eyes got wide, she looked in the backseat then let out a big sigh, leaning over to hide her eyes,"Aaaaagggh." "You forgot your soccer gear, huh? Is it still on the corner of the kitchen counter?" She looked at me with that I-don't-want-to-ask-you-but-I-don't-know-what-else-to-do look. "Moooom, is there any way you can bring me my bag at lunchtime?" she pleaded. She needed it for both soccer and her first day of track. I smiled that sweet mom smile,"How about I take it to the bus at 7:45 and have them bring it to you?" Options. Thinking outside the box. Big smile! "Thanks mom! Love you!" and out she went. I love that girl. After trying to get her to do track for two years, today was her first day and she liked it. Amazing what happens when they decide to do things on their own terms and time. She ran two miles and did some conditioning, came home for some Hawaiian haystacks and then was out for training at TAT. She'd had over 4 hours of workout today. No complaints at all. I had to touch her strong legs when she came home. I guess some boys have been saying what strong legs she has...I chuckled and reminded her I could squat more than some boys in my weights class in high school. Strong legs for a strong girl. Man, I love her!

Since Maiya met her new friend "Oakley" she has been scouring online classifieds for horses and horse property. She's got this idea to buy a house with land, rent out an apartment and board horses. Smart girl! In class today we were doing math review on whiteboards and she took the opportunity to write me a note - actually two - asking if I was sick and needed some horse therapy. Tonight we had fun searching for horse property together and I came across what is pretty much is my dream house sans white cabinetry, a porch/deck and my siblings in the neighboring houses. Maiya had the perfect comment, "I feel bad for whoever has to mow that lawn!" Isn't it beautiful? Perfect for horses and soccer practices.


4817 S 6450 W, Hooper, UT (5 bd/4 ba/5,351 sf/1 acre)

Since she and I are both huge fans of Texas, it's fun to look at the amazing homes there. This one was a real beauty on 4 acres. It reminded me of another sign Maiya drew today that said 'Horse Girl' with a heart on the 'i'. She and I are a lot alike.




22503 Holly Creek Trail, Tomball, TX (5 bd/3.5 ba/6,476 sf/4.0 acres)

No comments:

Post a Comment