Last night I asked Ethan,"Do you remember what tomorrow is?" When I told him the date, he replied,"Jesse's birthday," touched his head and smiled. He actually asked me two weeks ago, "Mom, why are you cutting my hair when you're going to just shave it all off for Jesse's birthday?" Smart kid. I hope they will always remember him. I also hope my children will have as close relationships with each other as I do with my siblings...Sunni - just return my calls more and we're good!
Even though we live hundreds of miles from immediate family, we've gone to Olive Garden on or around November 12 to celebrate Jesse's birthday. I still remember him walking in to the lobby - it was 2004 - at the Totem Lake location a little later than the rest of us, and I was raving about the 2-story Target I'd discovered next door! Go figure. Stuart had just left for Utah so I was solo and Jesse helped get the kids situated. All I remember was the usual big table and lots and lots of laughter. And ranch dressing. Veronica brought the most beautiful cake I don't think anyone wanted to really eat it! As usual, Jesse refused to let me pay, "Tawna, put that away!"Today I am grateful for the color blue. We'll all be wearing it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment