Ethan's Patriotic Program was tonight. He got to choose where to go for dinner and we got prime seating being the first one's there while we ate Wendy's. His class has been preparing for this since November and the entire production was simply AMAZING! They sang nearly a dozen songs and each child had a speaking part, carried flags, held props, and they all were so well behaved during the slide show. There can never be enough patriotism and the quotes displayed on the wall reminded me of the many blessings I enjoy each day thanks to our veterans. There was one song - Military Medley - where they asked those in that particular branch of service (Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force) to stand as their song was sung. It was inspiring to see these persons - some in uniform - stand and sing along.
Ethan sat front row center and as they sang the finale, God Bless America, with all the children waving small hand-held flags I almost joined others in the audience needing kleenex. Truly a night - and a blessing - to remember.


Today I am grateful for
Freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment