This morning Ethan came to my bedside, shirt off, and stood there smiling. I was about 6 inches from the edge of the bed and he crawled in. "Ethan, did you lose your bed somewhere?" Silence. A few more silly remarks from moi (and of course I asked if he farted and had to escape his room :-) met with,"Mom! Stop it." Seriously. This kid is 8 years old and sneaks into our bed - always on MY side! Last week we set up blankets and pillows on the floor. More than once all three kids made it there during the night. Some may say it's weird or bad parenting...but watching all my kids together (not fighting)is a great way to greet the day.
p.s. I'd put some chicken nuggets in the oven for Maiya and myself. The timer sounded and I just went up there to find an empty pan. "So what happened to the nuggets?" Ethan,"What? Oh, yeah, I gave them to Maiya." "All of them?" "Well, and I ate some." Then he looked at me,"Oh, were you going to have some?" I smiled. He laughed. What, mom's eat?
Today I am grateful for mama's boys.