template design

6.09.2009

Birthday Boy

First words of the day: I'm nine. Came from the cutest smiling boy standing in our doorway. Love that kid.

Stuart started on Ethan's favorite, cinnamon muffins. Like father, like son. When he told Ethan about when we went to the hospital, blah blah blah, (I particularly liked the part when he said "we" were up all night...I added that I did't remember a "we"...rhymes with "me"...14 hours and 54 extra pounds of me is what I recall. All for love - haha) and he was finally born about 7:45 a.m., Ethan ran upstairs, "Mom! It's the first 1 minute and 30 seconds that I've been nine!" "How do you feel?" He stopped and thought. Smiled, "The same." He couldn't wait to open presents; one was hiding down at the neighbors. He took off on his new mountain bike and shortly after getting on the sidewalk tipped over,"Oh, whoops! I guess that's the brakes!" Brook got it all on camera. Ha ha. Family time today, friend party next weekend.

Spent the special day at Hill Air Force base up north to attend the Air Show. We've been there a few times before and enjoyed it. It was nice just to get away for an entire day. Stopped off at Red Robin for dinner on the way home and called it a day.

Ethan's a funny kid. Before we took off I let him pick a family treat for the day. We teased him about Zingers. He gets so embarassed when we bring that story up...but that's what he picked: chocolate Zingers. The story: I bought ~4 boxes - boxes - of Zingers and stuck them in the garage freezer. Great to have on hand for class treats, lunch, etc. The last 2 boxes I wrote in large Sharpie: ASK MOM BEFORE YOU OPEN, just so I knew we were using them. I thought the kids were doing a great job obeying my simple request because those 2 boxes stayed put. No wrappers, nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment