Maiya loves High School Musical. She asks to watch it all the time - the sad face that follows with a "no" is pretty harsh. The best is that she'll be caught singing around the house; down in the playroom I can hear her singing and I'll peek down there - she's got a microphone just belting it out; up in the girls' room when Kiana lets her hang out in there while they are playing CD's. Yesterday, she had a green dry eraser, drawing on the board, and the next thing you know she's singing and using it as a microphone. She's never seen her mom do that!
During an attempt after lunch yesterday at a catnap on the couch, she'd come over,"Mom, wake up. I watch High School Musical." I was dead to the world but somehow squeaked out,"Go ask Ethan to put it in. He'll put in HSM for you." Well, Ethan must have had other plans because by the time she'd actually gotten me half-conscious and I asked Brook where the kids were,"They're in your room watching Transformers." Huh? But here's smiling Maiya, rocking on the rocking horse 2 feet away from me sweetly singing,"na na na na na na na you are the music in me. You are the music in me. I hear my favorite song, I know that we belong, you are the music in me, na na na na na.." "Is that your favorite song, Maiya?" "It's my favorite song." "You sing it so pretty. Sing me some more." She does. Then she comes over, grabs my hand, looks at me and sternly says, "MOM. GET UP!" Ms. Rock Star is the boss.
Fun afternoon just hanging out, even though the kids complained there was "nothing to do" after I turned off the movie and kicked them outside. Hmmm....they seemed to have a grand old time squirting each other with the hose, chasing each other, and hiding from Stuart when he got home from studying at the U. No fighting. After eating dinner outside, Ethan,"How about we do our last game night outside before school starts?" Good idea, dude. He kicked our cans playing Sorry! Kids start school on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment