template design

7.24.2009

My Little Guy

Tuesday night I had the hottest date in town! He was 9 years old, bald, and shared his Reese's Peanut Butter cups with me. We saw Transformers. How they make a movie that long filled with crushed metal flying all over the place, I have no idea. All I know is I had one happy hottie curled up in the seat next to me.
My bald guy is growing taller, handsomer, and smarter every day. I still have him trained, "Ethan, how old until you date?" He smiles - 21. "How old until you get married?" He rolls his eyes - 30. I told Stu I'm going to college with him to do laundry, cook, etc. He thinks I'm joking. We'll see how high school goes and how long I can fend off the masses.
Took Ethan to get an eye exam yesterday - he needs glasses. Nearsighted. My heart broke watching him mixing the "D" for a "Q" and an "E" for an "8" on only line 3. I smiled, told him he was one lucky duck because I never had glasses. Glasses are cool! They make you look super smart! He's nervous. Meets with the doc this morning.

Last night I showed him a 2-sided letter with picture that had arrived from his soon-to-be 4th grade teacher in the mail. Totally impressed. After a few seconds of reading he does the little fist in 90-degree-thust-into-the-side in excitement, "YES!" "So is that the teacher you wanted?" He shrugs, "Eh. They do SCIENCE! And I think they still have the Math Bee." He lays the paper on the counter and walks off, not reading past the 2nd column of page 1. Yep. She had listed several lines of Science curriculum. Happiness in his world.

The other day I was going through the mail. "Is that my National Geographic? Yes!" I'm opening the plastic on the church publications, he's eyeing me, "Mom, is The Friend in there?" I toss it at him. He smiles. Sniffle, sniffle. That's my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment