template design

7.26.2009

The Kiana Chronicles 07.24.09

It was Utah Pioneer Day on Friday (state holiday) and Stuart was home with the kids. I called home to get my fix. After talking to Kiana, I heard her say something in handing the phone off to Stu, he gets on laughing. "Did you hear what she said?" "No" "She said,'it's your bride', this morning she told me,'Dad, you are the love of my life." WHAT!?!?! We laugh. Where does she get this?
Thursday night was a typical night of Ms. Hotness having gone the first part of the week with lack of sleep; kicking and screaming in bed. Repeating the same thing over and over. Along with,"You're not listening." I am. She just says she forgot what she was goint to tell me. It's kind of hilarious once you get past the exasperation. Ethan had locked her outside once during the day. She wasn't going to let that be forgotten. I left "the book" (they write sentences about their misbehavior) with a page for each of them to write, along the lines of "I can keep peace in the house by listening" - corny, but they write and it's a great reference tool - most of the time. She'd lost some movie time for misbehavior - each loss is 30 minutes; I told her I'd write a list of 3 things she could do to make it up:
1. Write a nice letter to the family about her behavior.
2. Play nicely with Maiya for 15 minutes.
3. Help mom at 5:30 with dinner without complaining.

She came downstairs ~2 minutes later accusing me of not writing the list. Drama. I told her it was in her cereal bowl to read in the morning. She walks over - I hear an,"AWE! I don't want to write a LETTER to the FAMILY!" sulk sulk sulk. 2 hours to get Her Majesty asleep!!!

The next day I ask if she's going to have a good day. She smiles and nods her head. She reports that she played with Maiya,"for more than 15 minutes" and tells me on the phone she wrote me "2 letters! And one for the family." Dinner was Friday pizza; a pro-paper plater setter she is. She got her time back and I didn't even have to beg. Her letters are the cutest. She keeps life hoppin' that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment