template design

12.22.2010

Spontaneous Summer

I'm a planner.
Details. Who. What. Where. When. How.
Spontaneous and I would have two left feet in a cha-cha.
Last Friday I talked to my Energizer Bunny brother, Teage - always a boost - and he issued me a challenge.
Those I can do.
"Do something you haven't done. Something you don't think about. Just something fun."
So the weekend planning went through my head. Ice skating? Hotel stay? Chuck E Cheese? Eat out somewhere we don't normally go?
But then I was thinking and planning...and I wasn't supposed to be PLANNING because it was supposed to be SPONTANEOUS.
So, lunchtime today:
I asked Ethan what he'd like to do for fun tonight.
"I dunno."
"Why not?"
"Cuz there's nothing to do."
My mind went to summer. And water. Where we are most of summer.
"What if we went swimming?"
Total change - "Yeah!"

Times that by 3.
So we are going swimming.
And grabbing something for dinner.
Is that spontaneous enough?

2 comments:

  1. And this is how you keep life interesting! Great job Tawna. Know that I love you tons, and miss you tons, but am so very proud to call you the one and only Tawna sister in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read your blog for a while and had to get caught up. Loved it all - it just makes me happy. Teage, if you read this will you invite me to your blog again. I think right now you're using my hotmail email to invite me and, for some reason I can't get it to work. Will you try gmail? It's the same as hotmail but with gmail on the end. ;)

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete