It may sound funny to say you're happy to have a Sick Day but today I was.
Maiya and I were coughing-sore-body twinners.
And I had an amazing day.
Activity #1: She wanted cinnamon rolls ~ we made cinnamon rolls. (cough)
Activity #2: She wanted to play Barbie on the computer. She dressed them, danced them, had me get her Barbies (cough cough) between laundry loads.
Activity #3: Girls gotta eat even if you're hacking away, so we trecked to Subway. (brr cough)
This morning Kiana smiled, opened her Justin Beiber Fact Book (oh my heart) and pointed,"See, Subway is his favorite!" Oh, the Beebs!
Activity #4: Lunch with the kiddos. I could do this every day. Yep, pretty much.
Activity #5: "Mommy! I NOT tired!" Too bad sister. Movie in & both of us in bed. I dozed off - she didn't. (wake up coughing)
Activity #6: Kids arrive home from school. First words from Kiana,"Thanks for lunch mom!"
Yes! I scored!
And those leftover cinnamon rolls from this morning?
Poof!
Gone!
Ethan,"I'll bet mom ate them."
(cough, cough) From the couch a hoarse,"Um, no. I didn't."
Kiana,"Nope, akshally I ate the rest of them."
At least she's honest.
I loved today!
I loved cuddling with my cuddlebear playing tag-team coughing and I feeling like a Mac truck rolled over me. I loved hanging with three cute kids at lunch and recess. I loved watching Maiya walk off all hotsy-totsy with Kiana and her friends. I loved that Ethan hung out with us in the middle of the playground and when we left he asked in his high pitched sweet voice, "Maiya, can I get a hug?" At least he let me give him a blow-kiss. I loved knowing I have today to look back on.
Sickies and all.
Maiya and I were coughing-sore-body twinners.
And I had an amazing day.
Activity #1: She wanted cinnamon rolls ~ we made cinnamon rolls. (cough)
Activity #2: She wanted to play Barbie on the computer. She dressed them, danced them, had me get her Barbies (cough cough) between laundry loads.
Activity #3: Girls gotta eat even if you're hacking away, so we trecked to Subway. (brr cough)
This morning Kiana smiled, opened her Justin Beiber Fact Book (oh my heart) and pointed,"See, Subway is his favorite!" Oh, the Beebs!
Activity #4: Lunch with the kiddos. I could do this every day. Yep, pretty much.
Activity #5: "Mommy! I NOT tired!" Too bad sister. Movie in & both of us in bed. I dozed off - she didn't. (wake up coughing)
Activity #6: Kids arrive home from school. First words from Kiana,"Thanks for lunch mom!"
Yes! I scored!
And those leftover cinnamon rolls from this morning?
Poof!
Gone!
Ethan,"I'll bet mom ate them."
(cough, cough) From the couch a hoarse,"Um, no. I didn't."
Kiana,"Nope, akshally I ate the rest of them."
At least she's honest.
I loved today!
I loved cuddling with my cuddlebear playing tag-team coughing and I feeling like a Mac truck rolled over me. I loved hanging with three cute kids at lunch and recess. I loved watching Maiya walk off all hotsy-totsy with Kiana and her friends. I loved that Ethan hung out with us in the middle of the playground and when we left he asked in his high pitched sweet voice, "Maiya, can I get a hug?" At least he let me give him a blow-kiss. I loved knowing I have today to look back on.
Sickies and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment