I believe children keep us young.And smiling.
At least for me.
Tonight I was laying with Maiya in her bed (because she insisted, and it's summer, and we like sleepovers, etc.), sooo super close to dreamland, when she asked, "Hey mom, do you know how he claps his hands?" She was holding her pink plushy dog with big floppy ears, so of course I had to turn around and open my eyes, "How?" "Like dis"
She had one ear in each hand and patted them together. "Dat's how he claps."
Impressive.
"And dis is how he says 'hi'" - she waved his paw.
"Dis is how he cwies." - he wiped a tear.
"Dis is how he dances." - he boogied to a silent beat.
She had a mini talent show going on with a few more puppy moves.
Creative.
Imagination.
Imagination.
Great way to end the day. Puppy, Princess and I were ready for bed.
So off went the light.
And on went her right arm around my neck, her head right on the back of my neck.
Then off.
Then she grabbed my arm, making me turn around, and put it around her.
"Mom, just hold me."
So I did.
Just like she told me.
"Just hold my puppy."
So I did.
Just like she told me.
She turned to lay on her back.
"Just hold my leg."
So I did.
Just like she told me.
I laid there near sleep, smiling, grateful I'd been right there, front and center, the only one with tickets to see the Puppy Talent Show.
Produced by Maiya.
2 Thumbs Up!
No comments:
Post a Comment