Kiana - Today was the Holiday program at church and Kiana sang in the choir for the 1st time. She did an amazing job being the only Primary-aged singer. To be honest, I thought she'd cop out and be embarassed but I asked if she had fun and she said Yes! Stuart and Ethan tried making faces at us, I guess the thought of their cheesy smiles and trying to pick their noses adds to the day. The program itself was a beautiful reading intermingled with choir selections, a solo ,a quartet and wrapped up with a congregation "Angels We Have Heard on High." I hope Kiana will continue her love of music.
Ethan - We arrived early to church for Ethan's week as reverence child. On the drive in he said,"I don't know why they picked me, I'm not reverent. I can't sit still for more than 9 minutes!" I liked the opportunity it gave for him to stand up front with his arms folded so we could watch him mouth an occasional,"Help me!" looking all handsome in his shirt and tie. I walked by him once,"Mom!" I craned by neck up, he leaned over the railing and whispered a joking, "Help me!" I gave him a quick peck on the lips (Yep, in front of everyone) and walked off to a trailing whisper,"Mooooooom!"
Maiya - She sang her made-up songs all afternoon. Alllll afternoon. Just listening to her singy-songy telling a made-up story with what she's playing with or related to her siblings ('Ethan wants an iMac and he's a bad boy') it's hysterical to have such a concert. When Stuart and I came home from an errand the kids all came with the iPad from watching a part of the new 'Planet of the Apes' to show us,"He sweaws. He said da beavah wewd." Yes, he said 'da beavah wewd' in the movie. The funniest was after dinner, cleaning up, she asked me to smell her hands - I did - and oh, they stunk something stinky. She giggled. She ran over and asked Stuart to smell - his reaction made her giggle. Kiana was next, "Ewe!" with Maiya giggling like no other. The things that make us laugh.
Quotes of the Day:
Kiana: Ewe, what's that smell?
Maiya: That's my fawts!
Kiana: You know what I REALLY want for Christmas? Rubber bands!
Kiana @ Primary had colored a picture: Look, I colored Mary like she went to the tanning salon!
No comments:
Post a Comment