template design

4.30.2012

We're Moving!

We bought this!
In short, one Thursday night I was climbing into bed and thought,"Hey, I haven't looked at homes for a bit maybe I'll check it out."
I saw this house.
It had just been listed that day (Thursday). Stuart suggested I look Friday but I have a hard time making big decisions that include a lot of money, so we made an appointment for Saturday after we did a 2nd walkthrough of the house I already had my heart set on.
Saturday came...
10:30 Walkthrough of the "Falcon Ridge" house in West Jordan. 4150 square feet. 7 bedrooms. 3.5 baths. Upstairs laundry. 3 car garage. The toilets were separate from the rest of the bathroom. Check - check - check. Fully finished, ginormous rooms and a huge walkout basement. The kids had picked their rooms and I'd selected wall paint. It was in the kids' school boundaries (Falcon Ridge) and they already had great friends nearby. I was sold.
12:00 We were walking up the front steps to this house in South Jordan and our realtor checked his phone. "Wow. They are taking best bids until 5:00 today." It was noon. We only had 30 minutes to walk through this house due to all the showings. I wasn't sold.
12:30 Both houses were the same price. Both had pros/cons. We liked each for different reasons.
4:30 Stuart submitted a bid. I thought it was too low. We were bid #7 of 13 bids. I didn't think we'd get it.
7:00 We were sitting down to dinner and the phone rang.
They'd taken our bid.
The house was ours if we wanted it.
So...we took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment