As I kissed Kiana goodnight last night in the darkness, I reminded her," Tonight will be the last night you go to bed being a 9-year old. You'll never be 9 again in your whole entire life." Being one who has always acted older than her age, she seemed pleased at the thought. I hope she's not in too much of a hurry. Childhood lasts just a few years and then the rest of your life you're a 'big person'. The other way around sounds much more fun!
True to form, she'd made a menu for the day. My List Girl. She writes everything, and a lot. I think she slept on the couch so she could awake to the smell of bacon, which she did. Bacon, eggs (sunny-side up), sausage, more bacon, fruit and cinnamon muffins. She was a happy camper.
It's not everyday Mitt Romney comes to town on your birthday either! Kiana had hopes of seeing him in person but he was only in town for fundraising and I'd have to empty her savings for a dinner at the event. However, we did make it to the Victory Center Headquarters a few miles away and mingle in an excited crowd. We toured the small call center, bought buttons and then headed to the MIA LOVE call center on our way home. The girls really like it there and Kiana was happy to spend part of her birthday there.
