Sometimes that OGT - One Good Thing - of the day happens at 10:16 pm. When the kids are in bed, or, at least, supposed to be in bed. Asleep. For 2 hours already.
With the girls being off-track, bedtime is a source of 'discussion' - they think no school merits an all-nighter-every-nighter and I think an extra hour is golden. Well, they stretched it for 2 hours. I thought they were upstairs with lights out when Maiya came down all smiles - she's always all smiles - and made me smile. "Mom, wemembah when you said if we get a
tattoo then we have to get anotha tattoo that says Mom Wocks? Kiana gave
me fo tattoos...that's a guitah." she said, pointing to the design next to the words.
Yep, I try scare tactics & I LOVE it when they listen! She excitedly showed me all four of her hot pink tattoos, courtesy of her favorite big sister; on both feet, her shoulder, and her tummy. I couldn't help but think of the amount of FUN my girls had doing this - Kiana drawing and Maiya a willing model. Laughing and giggling. I have told the kids many times that if they ever get a tattoo they have to get a second tattoo that says My Mom Rocks. My train of thought being if they don't want THAT tattoo, they'll not get the 1st one. It looks like Kiana and Maiya both cleverly showed me that that backfired. Big time.
My OGT walked downstairs at 10:16 pm in a blue tank top, polka dot boyshort panties and a big bow headband. Just one more Keeper Story proving that more life and laughter happens all the time. I'm sure glad my rebel girls bent the bedtime rules so this story could happen and be remembered for years to come.
Maybe I should switch that ultimatum by one word to "My Sister Rocks"...maybe. The more I think about it the more I believe they'd rush to the tat parlor together to get matching tattoos just to say, "Hey, you said...".
I know my girls.
And I love them.






No comments:
Post a Comment