template design

4.23.2015

Best Dressed

Ethan: Growing up with three brothers right underneath me in age, I've attended many a Boy Scout Court of Honor's in my life. Ethan's troop had a BBQ and Court of Honor tonight at the splash pool pavilion. Ethan was recognized as "Best Dressed" along with receiving his other awards. Next step: Eagle project. The combined IQ of all his groupies is way over my head...way. Great bunch.

He knows he has to earn that before he gets his drivers license. It's been 'the plan' since before he was a thought. I'm having a hard time grasping that the events I used to talk about when he was little are actually here...it was just yesterday when he was toddlering around and I was setting in stone he'd earn his Eagle pre-license. Now those days are at my doorstep. Eek! But man, I sure enjoy every moment with Mr. Best Dressed!

Kiana: She wanted to go to YW.  When asked what they did, "All we did was make flowers." She said flowers so...excitedly. Not. But, she did come home with a cake. The Cub Scouts had had their cake auction apparently and the bishop gifted her one of his winnings. It's got a lot of M&M's. Some little boy put a lot of effort into it. And Kiana offered it to Ethan for his D&D clan for Friday - once upon a time those boys excitedly decorated these cakes for Cub Scouts too! Full circle.

Maiya: She played the entire Court of Honor at the nearby play area. When Stuart asked if she wanted to go with him to Sprouts for the watermelon, he got a,"Eh, when you go someplace fun then ask me." Adorable honesty rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment