template design

4.22.2016

Friday Fun

Whew! What a day!
It started out wonderful with Ethan playing the piano, then Kiana doing hers...as soon as she's done she hits me up to unlock the iPod and she'll readily admit,"I only do my piano so I can get my computer time." Good girl. Stuart was home doing yard stuff. Yeah.

Maiya wore the outfit I'd picked out for her - mom win (that rarely happens) - and I saw her later in the day out on the field with her class playing with swimming noodles. They looked like they were having a blast!

My class tracked off which is always a big endeavor of finishing things up, cleaning desks and tidying up. They had earned their Think Through Math Party, and since I didn't teach today I went out and got the goodies they had voted on with our prize: a $50 e-giftcard from Wal-Mart. They were pretty stoked wearing their pajamas after lunch when the ice cream bar was set out for their enjoyment. Kids are pretty fun that way!

Maiya had a birthday party after school, my teaching partner and I started cleaning out some cupboards and talking about end of year/start of next year stuff, and Papa had made a plate of chocolate chip cookies that were waiting for everyone when we got home this afternoon. This, I could get used to...except that I'm always full of food. I shouldn't get used to that.

Ethan and Kiana refereed a U10 game tonight, right next to Maiya's game field! It was so exciting to watch Maiya play, then drift my eyes over next door to see Ethan & Kiana reffing together and hitting the ball around together at half-time. Maiya played goalie 1st half and then spent the 2nd half running all around the field, scoring a goal while even on defense. Brook brought Damon by just after half-time and we just had a blast watching. On the drive home...

Maiya - Is it OK if the other team scores?






No comments:

Post a Comment