template design

4.02.2016

Soccer Season Saturday...Day 1

Soccer Saturday #1 and I couldn't be more excited! I love it! We have at least 8 weeks in recreation. Kiana plays year-round. She hasn't stopped kicking and I hope she never will.

9:00 AM Ethan's Game #1 and he scored a goal! He plays defense so it's fun to see this happen. Whatever works to score. They had several near goals. Papa and I watched that game while over at another field...

9:00 AM Kiana refereed her very 1st game! She ended up reffing with a fellow team mate, RD, whose dad was coaching that game. She was nervous but I hear she did a great job.

10:00 AM Maiya's Game #1 of the season! Papa, Ethan and I arrived just after kick-off. Kiana was reffing this game - hmmm, I wonder who signed her up?! - and it was awesome seeing all three of my kids be engaged in something good. To see Ethan watching his sisters; Kiana referring Maiya's game, and Maiya play under Stuart's coaching...proud mom moment to have the whole family together.

On the drive home to rest up a bit before heading to Kiana's game, she randomly stated, "That wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. It was actually pretty easy." Aha Moment! I couldn't say, "I told you so"...so I cooly replied,"Good, I'm glad you had a fun time. It looked like you knew what you were doing." Hey, an easy $20 for 2 hours of work isn't bad! It's so funny...I line up these opportunities for my kids (one's I never had), they whine a bit, I make them do it, and they end up smiling with that can-do attitude! I love it when they have moments like this and realize they CAN do hard things.

1:30 PM Rested up, we headed north an hour to Ogden @ Weber County Fairgrounds for Kiana's game (Premier). Kiana started at center-mid-holding and had some great kicks on the ball, deflections and runs. Ben put her in as wing in the latter part of 2nd half. She doesn't feel 100% at that spot and Kelly coached her, "Kiana...100%! You can do it!" They were near the end of 2nd half at 2-0 when Kiana's defender snuck past behind her down the sideline, was wide open for a ball, and went in to score. Kiana caught on too late and couldn't chase her in time. Unlucky for us, smart tactic for them. The take-away was two-fold: 1) Always, always, always watch your person. 2) Even defenders deep down the line can run up to a good play and score. Brilliant play & great lesson. We won 3-1!

She didn't even want a Slurpee!

Arrived home minutes before conference started, so the boys decided to relax on the couch instead of hurry and get dressed in white shirts and ties. Same message...and wonderful messages at that.

The girls and I played 5 Crowns. Maiya had some super lucky hands - on 4's she turned over her cards to reveal three 4's and a joker! On other hands she had plenty of the hand we played and jokers - it was just her lucky day. It was Papa's first time playing Bananagrams. Maiya would play games all night long to avoid going to sleep, but the thought of sleeping in and having conference muffins in the morning was persuasive enough to guide her to bed. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment