template design

5.18.2016

State Cup Game #2: Tie!

This morning I opened my eyes to see the alarm clock say 5:16.
Time to get up and head to fitness class.
But...not before I write about the first thing that came to my mind even before I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. I was thinking that my life will never, ever, ever be like this again. I will only have my kids at this point in my/their lives at this moment in time. Ever. I will only have "My Ethan" for just over 2 more years, Kiana for 4...and then they will be making and working towards important life decisions that seemed like yesterday to me. Then there's my baby Maiya, who's not such a baby anymore, will be entering 4th grade next year. It seems like yesterday when Ethan was in 4th grade! I will always be a mother, but I will only have these moments, opportunities, moments - oh, the moments, ONCE in life...and that is NOW! The thought that came to me was how important writing down all of these special moments are, and what a gift they will be when time is gone. I have often thought of the value of this gift: basically, giving a gift to yourself and family. Only I can write these things! So, because I want to look back in a few years - or even tomorrow - and remember, I must do this. I can!

In order to do this, I must make sure I'm 1)Snapping, downloading and editing (quickly) pictures daily. 2) Prioritize my time to write 3) Make it a habit & remember the value.

Oh, man! Today's game was the most intense game I've ever watched! USA played Celtic, an intense team who uses the whole field, is 1st to the ball, and has quick, exact passes. But...USA started off with a quick almost-goal that bounced off the post in the 1st minute. Nice start!

We scored! We went into half-time with 1-0. Then they scored. They scored again. 2-1. We got a yellow card on a cheap call, then scored a minute later - we'll take the yellow card and the score, thank you! Tied game. After half-time they were really upping their already fast-paced game, and on a harsh play the right side of the field they squeezed passed our defense and scored. 3-2. They got 2 yellow cards. Time was running out, excitement was high, we took possession, took the ball down, and bam! scored. 3-3. The whistle blew. Game over. Tie!

This team finished 4th in Premier 1. That's 2 divisions higher than this team is currently - 2! To come into this level of competition, having been told that they aren't expected to win (just play), and to WIN game #1, then TIE game #2 playing these more experienced teams is...well, awesome.

The girls played tough and I'm sad to see them being separated with the new age guidelines, by birth year, in 2 weeks with tryouts. But change comes. All is well. We have a win, a tie, and play the #1 Premier team in the region tomorrow: Sparta. It's going to be tough, but the girls have already proven themselves - and hopefully TO themselves - that they have what it takes to rise to a challenge and succeed. For that...they are already winners!

Love our #60!

p.s. She came home from school, changed into her uniform, then sat and did her piano practice. All without any reminders! When we came home from the game, she hit the shower and then her homework. I caught her typing up some assignments, then coming out to tell me that she'd talked to 2 of her teachers about assignments, as she had committed to doing this morning. I'm more than appreciative of her responsibility.

Love my Kiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment