template design

7.15.2016

Daybreak Campout

Sparta Cup, Game #3: Friday night win against Avalanche 2-1 for Kiana. The game got a bit happier when Brook, Susy and D arrived, with D smiling, "GO NANA! GO NANA!" and jumping up and down. He was waving on the sideline, his fists pumped up with excitement, with the purest of smiles,"Hi NANA! Go NANA! Go NANA!" What a cute bundle of energy he always is.

Ethan got some driving time in as we ran errands to drop off paint at the dump, drop Kiana off at a soccer friends - hang out, go watch a boys game (yikes!) then walk to her game - the library, IKEA for returns (which I forgot the receipt for the second time! Argh!)...but Ethan and I had a great time together eating lunch there. He was all for the hot chocolate! "They have good meatballs too." Yes, yes they do. While we sat eating, I couldn't help looking at Ethan thinking of the limited time I have left with him in the house. He'll be a junior this year! Mixed emotions of sadness and excitement are what I'm feeling lately. The 'donate' stop got nixed as we had to get home to head out to Kiana's game, just giving me a chance to add more to it!

Michael Vey #5: Thank goodness for library holds. So nice to run in, grab it, and run out. I walked in the house,"Maiya! I brought something home for us!" She smiled and grabbed that sucker out of my hands amidst my fake frowns and plopped herself down to read. I told her she couldn't go past ~page 40, "To save some for later." She giggled, "I'll try....not!" It's been so enjoyable reading this series with her and sharing the experience of it with her.

Campout!: While we were at the game, Ethan was a champ and rode the scooter to nearby Firmont Park to set up our 2 tents at the Daybreak Summer Campout event held throughout several of the communities parks. He typically comes, but he has his last week of Chem 1010 coming up and wants to secure an A so I gave him his time to study. They had two portable campfires set up for s'mores, the kids played soccer and read, we played Five Crowns where Maiya barely broke 20 points! Lucky girl! Kiana was a bit tired, "Next time, can you guys have us not do this when I have a game in the morning?" Ha! My reply was that I didn't know she'd be in the finals when I signed up two weeks ago and asked if she wanted to sleep at home. Yes! (See, not that hard!)

No comments:

Post a Comment